Be a Local Tourist (BALT) is a fun, innovative, local, marketing campaign for the tourism and hospitality industry targeting local residents. Local tourism and hospitality businesses can offer excess capacity to residents of the Byron Shire and surrounds. Individual businesses adapt this campaign to suit your business’s low peak times.
We know our community has experienced major upheavals and disruption in the last few years. Over-tourism, AirBnB impacts, skyrocketing real estate prices, rental crisis and COVID restrictions. Sabine Muschter, founder of The Community Hub explains. “We have a number of tourism and hospitality businesses expressing interest in our Be a Local Tourist Campaign. This is an opportunity for residents to make plans to have that break that may have been postponed, to stay, eat and/or play locally. Eat in that restaurant you’ve wanted to try. Enjoy a staycation in the scenic Byron Shire and surrounds. Take that tour and experience what your community has to offer. In other words, Be a Local Tourist.”
Why be part of BALT?
● build a loyal, local customer base
● increase low season revenue
● promote a safe, COVID get-away
● establish your business as ‘locally endorsed’
● keep staff employed during low peak times
● increase staff morale and pride
● become a ‘recommended by locals’ business to visiting friends and family, and more….
We do the promotional groundwork for you
● inclusion in TCH social media posts and ads including your business’s hashtags
● media releases, e.g., ECHO article and advertisement, BayFM announcement
● 1000 printed posters and flyers distributed throughout the Byron Shire
Where to from here?
1. Go to The Community Hub – to express your interest and for more information www.thecommunityhub.net.au
2. Create a ‘locals only’ offer or special to invite locals to eat, stay or play with you.
3. Go to www.thecommunityhub.net.au and claim a free Premium business directory listing
4. Sign up for Be a Local Tourist campaign (starts once we are out of lockdown)
JOIN the BALT campaign for a low $49 per month and receive
● a one-month free Premium Listing on the TCH business directory which includes URL, logo, social links, Google map and contact details, images, and videos
● create a calendar with availability for your offer
● create coupons with a direct link to your website
● create announcements, make bookings/appointments
We recommend you use this as a value add for local customers. We have lots if ideas to share so contact us if you need some inspiration [email protected]
Time poor but want to join the campaign? For a small fee, we’ll do the work for you.